A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
To make full use of our Site and to benefit from certain personalised features, your computer, tablet, mobile phone or other device will need to be set up to accept cookies. The Site (like many other shopping websites) will not work when cookies are blocked.
The list below details the cookies used on our Site.
This is used to track a users recent activity, last visit and general site movements. It contains no personally identifiable information. Expires at the end of session.
This is used to hold a users acceptance to our using cookies. Expires in 1 year.
This is used to hold a users order information. This can contain information such as an address, email, or name. But no card details are held in this. Expires in 3 months.
This is used to tell the Site that a request has come from itself and not another domain. This prevents XSS as it only trusts submissions that have a valid CSRF token which matches one held within the database. Expires at the end of session.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site. Here’s how to do it:
1. In the settings menu, select ‘show advanced settings’ at the bottom of the page.
2. Select the ‘content settings’ button in the privacy section.
3. The top section of the page that then appears tells you about cookies and allows you to set the cookies you want. It also allows you to clear any cookies currently stored.
1. In the tools menu, select ‘options’ (Mac users, go to the Firefox menu & select ‘preferences’)
2. Select the privacy tab in the options box.
3. From the dropdown choose, ‘use custom settings for history’. This will bring up the options for cookies and you can choose to enable or disable them by clicking the tickbox.
Internet Explorer 6+
1. In the tools menu, select ‘Internet options’.
2. Click the privacy tab.
3. You will see a privacy settings slider which has six settings that allow you to control the number of cookies that will be placed: Block All Cookies, High, Medium High, Medium (default level), Low, and Accept All Cookies.
1. In the settings menu / Safari menu, select the ‘preferences’ option.
2. Open the privacy tab.
3. Select the option you want from the ‘block cookies’ section.
All other browsers
For information on how to manage cookies via other browsers, please consult your documentation or online help files.
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general our Site will not operate properly if cookies are off. In particular, note that you may be prevented from making orders of JTT Products if cookies are disabled.